* Porting GCC/G++
@ 2000-05-15  6:03 Witness
From: Witness @ 2000-05-15  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

I am working on a project to create an operating system. We would like to have
GCC/G++ on it from the start and use it to do development. However, I can't
find any documentation on what I need to support the compiler. All the Porting
docs I come across are related to porting between processor architectures.
Could someone please point me to some good material?  Thanks

---------------------------------
Benjamen R. Meyer                            Witness
bm_witness@yahoo.com                    bmeyer67@calvin.edu
---------------------------------
At Calvin College:
        Witness' Web: http://10.1.2.157   HomeWeb: http://10.1.2.157:85
        Downloads: http://10.1.2.157:81   Publications: http://10.1.2.157:83
---------------------------------
The OS Project: Remaking Windows    Do you want to help?
On the Internet: http://members.xoom.com/MaximumOS/

* Re: Porting GCC/G++
@ 2000-05-16 23:23 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-05-16 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bm_Witness; +Cc: gcc-help

> I am working on a project to create an operating system. We would
> like to have GCC/G++ on it from the start and use it to do
> development. However, I can't find any documentation on what I need
> to support the compiler. All the Porting docs I come across are
> related to porting between processor architectures.  Could someone
> please point me to some good material?

I don't think there is any material on this topic, other than the
chapter "Portability", and the installation instructions
(install.texi). If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them
on this list.

Regards,
Martin