* SPARC64 cross compiler
@ 2001-01-04 21:48 David Dudley
From: David Dudley @ 2001-01-04 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm needing a SPARC cross compiler, which will run on an intel LINUX box.

The particular SPARC machine I've got for the target has an UltraSparc-IIi
processor (which is a Sparcv9), but I see no support for that, so a Sparcv8 or
so would do, but whenever I try to create a cross compiler for that processor,
first binutils fails to build and test correctly (there appears to be one bit in
the header that stays set in every object file I build), and then when I try to
build a cross compiler, no matter what I do, it trys to run the testsuite
package using the cross compiler........ very strange.

Yes, I have specified the build, host, and target options, but still.... no go.
Any ideas, or suggestions?

Bye the way.... what version should I be starting out with?   My SuSe Linux
came with 2.95.2, but reading the mailing list, I get the feeling that I should
be using an older one, to start with.  Or should I be using the latest, from CVS?

Thanks for your help

Later-

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-04 21:48 UTC | newest]