* help for install gcc
@ 2002-01-03 22:35 sunlan
From: sunlan @ 2002-01-03 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

-- hello,
	I want to install a gcc on a PC running sco5.0.5 system. First I
run configure with 'i386-*-sco3.2v5*', then I run 'make'.But it reports
error when compiling "bad.c" with parameter "-W -Wall". I find man-pages
on sco, it seems to be that "cc" in sco system don't allow that format.

	what can I do? please teel me !
	thanks a lot!

sunlan <sunlan@sohu.com>

* RE: help for install gcc
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D29E910@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-01-03 23:43 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-01-03 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sunlan'; +Cc: help-gcc

Sunlan wrote:

> I want to install a gcc on a PC running sco5.0.5 system. First I
> run configure with 'i386-*-sco3.2v5*', then I run 'make'.

You should have run 'make bootstrap', as documented in the installation
instructions.

A GCC bootstrap first uses your existing C compiler to build GCC's own C
compiler and then it uses that new C compiler to build everything else:
hence the scripts assume that at 'stage2' and beyond they have GCC and
may pass GCC-specific flags.

Hope that helps,
Rup.