* Assembly listing with source annotations
@ 2002-06-15 11:35 David Stroupe
From: David Stroupe @ 2002-06-15 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is there a gcc command line switch that will give me assembly output
along with source code annotations?  I have tried -save-temps and the
xxx.s file is only assembly with the function names.  I really would
like to see each source line along with the assosiated assembly lines.

TIA
--
Best regards,
David Stroupe

* Re: Assembly listing with source annotations
@ 2002-06-15 11:44 ` John Levon
From: John Levon @ 2002-06-15 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 01:27:36PM -0500, David Stroupe wrote:

> Is there a gcc command line switch that will give me assembly output
> along with source code annotations?  I have tried -save-temps and the
> xxx.s file is only assembly with the function names.  I really would
> like to see each source line along with the assosiated assembly lines.

use objdump.

objdump -S ./binaryfile

It doesn't always jive too well with optimisation though :)

regards
john

--
"If a thing is not diminished by being shared, it is not rightly owned if
 it is only owned & not shared."

* Re: Assembly listing with source annotations
@ 2002-06-15 12:00 ` Der Herr Hofrat
From: Der Herr Hofrat @ 2002-06-15 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Stroupe; +Cc: gcc-help

> Is there a gcc command line switch that will give me assembly output
> along with source code annotations?  I have tried -save-temps and the
> xxx.s file is only assembly with the function names.  I really would
> like to see each source line along with the assosiated assembly lines.

compile with -g and dump the executable with objdump -S .

hofrat

* Re: Assembly listing with source annotations
@ 2002-06-15 12:18   ` David Stroupe
From: David Stroupe @ 2002-06-15 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Der Herr Hofrat wrote:

>>Is there a gcc command line switch that will give me assembly output
>>along with source code annotations?  I have tried -save-temps and the
>>xxx.s file is only assembly with the function names.  I really would
>>like to see each source line along with the assosiated assembly lines.
>>

> compile with -g and dump the executable with objdump -S .

Thanks John and Herr Hofrat, this is exactly what I needed!!!

--
Best regards,
David Stroupe

* A quick question..
@ 2002-08-28 12:10   ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-08-28 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

Sorry to clutter the group. Is there a way a way to connect
gdb session of a prgram (being debugged) to accept input from
stdin/input-file?

Thanks in advance,
-ishwar

* Re: A quick question..
@ 2002-08-28 12:17     ` Ricardo Anguiano
From: Ricardo Anguiano @ 2002-08-28 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ish Rattan; +Cc: gcc-help

Ish Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry to clutter the group. Is there a way a way to connect
> gdb session of a prgram (being debugged) to accept input from
> stdin/input-file?

$ gdb a.out
(gdb) run < file

You may get better answers to further gdb questions on the gdb mailing
lists.

        http://www.gnu.org/directory/devel/debug/gdb.html

HTH,
--