* Minimal make command for daily CVS snapshots
@ 2002-08-19 19:03 Charlie Zender
From: Charlie Zender @ 2002-08-19 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: Charlie Zender

Hi,

I am trying to compile GCC from the CVS source code on a RedHat
GNU/Linux 7.2 Intel PC.
Specifically, I am having difficulty compiling the latest versions,
and I wish to learn how to compile newer versions without invoking
the whole make bootstrap procedure.
I built GCC 20020620 successfully using this procedure:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc co -kk gcc
cd gcc;sudo mkdir /usr/local/gcc
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
make CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates' bootstrap
sudo make install

Note the use of make etc. etc. bootstrap.
As I merge in updates to the GCC tree, using cvs update -kk,
what is the best way to rebuild GCC? Since the basic configure
has already been done is there a more time-efficient way to build
the latest daily snapshot?
e.g., would
make CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates'
do the trick on all subsequent versions or should I always do
a ./configure and make bootstrap?

Thanks,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender zender@uci.edu (949) 824-2987/FAX-3256, Department of
Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-20  2:03 UTC | newest]