* Opening archive files
@ 2002-10-29 15:02 Satya
From: Satya @ 2002-10-29 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
  I want to read the symbols from an archive (.a) file. I tried to use
dlopen, it works fine for a .so file, but fails to recognize the format of
an archive file. Can anyone help me regarding this.

Thanks,
Satya

* Re: Opening archive files
@ 2002-10-29 15:08 ` Momchil Velikov
From: Momchil Velikov @ 2002-10-29 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satya; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:02:29 -0600 (CST)
Satya <satya@ittc.ku.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I want to read the symbols from an archive (.a) file. I tried to use
>
> dlopen, it works fine for a .so file, but fails to recognize the
> format of an archive file. Can anyone help me regarding this.

The format of .a archives is usually described in a header "ar.h".
See the sources for the "ar" program too.

~velco