* warnings during build of 3.2.2
@ 2003-03-19 18:43 Gunther Nikl
From: Gunther Nikl @ 2003-03-19 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello!

I am trying to compile GCC 3.2.2 on a m68k target with GCC 2.95.2. I am
seeing lots of traditional warnings like this:

  "warning: integer constant is unsigned in ANSI C, signed with -traditional"

This happens eg. in libiberty/md5.c. The strange thing is that I don't see
these warnings if I compile the same file with GCC 2.95.4 under FreeBSD.
On both systems "md5_uint32" is typedefed to "unsigned int". Whats going on?
(BTW, a 2.95.2 cross-compiler for that m68k target built from the same
source emits the same warnings. Later 3.x cross-compilers don't do that)

Normally I would ignore such messages but the compiled 3.2.2 doesn't work
:-( I am seeing a problem within the preprocessor when using "defined"
conditionals, eg:

  #if defined(foo)
  #endif

The #if succeeds _without_ "foo" beeing defined and fails if "foo" is
defined. Argh! However, #ifdef works as expected. Is it possible that
my GCC 2.95.2 is broken? I am out of ideas.

Gunther Nikl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-19 16:54 UTC | newest]