* Building and using a local version of GCC
@ 2003-03-24 15:05 Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2003-03-24 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi !

I'm able  to configure and build gcc  3.2.2, but I'd like  to "play" a
little with the source code.

To save time, I want to avoid  having to do a 'make install' each time
I modify the code. (just work on my local 'developer build')

I just can't find  the way to do it : If I  set my PATH to objdir/gcc,
then I can launch gcc, but it doesn't find all the include files. Even
on a file without #include directives, I get this message :
ld: cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory

Any idea ?

--
Matthieu

* Re: Building and using a local version of GCC
@ 2003-03-24 16:35 ` Mihnea Balta
From: Mihnea Balta @ 2003-03-24 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthieu Moy, gcc-help

Use the -B switch to tell the compiler where to find its own files. For more
information, take a look at the manpage, under that switch.