* Creating a Cygwin->Linux cross compiler.
@ 2003-03-25 18:57 Garen
From: Garen @ 2003-03-25 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I was wondering if anyone has been able to do this successfully.  I've tried
and tried lots of configurations of compilers (all the 3.x releases) and
binutils and can't get it to work.

I've also tried building a 'combined' tree with gcc-3.2.2 and the latest
2.blah.blah.blah.blah.blah.20 binutils, and always get the same error:

as: unrecognized option `Qy'

So, I thought maybe it was using the wrong 'as', and have tried changing my
PATH to only include a local directory, e.g. $HOME/bin where I put things
like sed, cat, rm, etc -- and still go the same problem.

Strangely, I've noticed the native 'as' reports:

$ /bin/as -h
  --listing-cont-lines    set the maximum number of
continuation lines used
                          for the output data column
of the listing
  -q                      quieten some warnings

^--- No "-Q"!

On the other hand, if I build binutils with --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu, I get:

$ /usr/local/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-as.exe -h
  --listing-cont-lines    set the maximum number of
continuation lines used
                          for the output data column
of the listing
  -Q                      ignored
  -V                      print assembler version
number
  -k                      ignored
  -q                      quieten some warnings
  -s                      ignored

Which has the `-Q' flag.

Would appreciate any pointers.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-25 18:42 UTC | newest]