* gcc download
@ 2004-01-06 13:42 Shalom Berman
From: Shalom Berman @ 2004-01-06 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hi

I am a C++ beginer looking for gcc for window instalation. I found a site that the download is by ftp but I can't download it i need http download.

please help

shalom

Thank you.

* Re: gcc download
@ 2004-01-06 14:57 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2004-01-06 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:41:38PM +0200, Shalom Berman wrote:
> Hi

Hello.

> I am a C++ beginer looking for gcc for window instalation. I found a site
> that the download is by ftp but I can't download it i need http download.

I don't know what site you found but the GCC team does not provide binary
packages for your platform. So, this is not the right place to ask for such
things. But the GCC homepage lists these resources for the Microsoft Windows
platform (http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html):

* Cygwin  http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
* MinGW   http://www.mingw.org/

Both of these provide http mirrors of their downloads. Cygwin uses a setup
program which automatically retrieves and installs the requested packages.
Note, that you need to specify GCC explicitely as it is not part of the
default Cygwin installation.

If you need a C/C++ compiler for DOS, then just have a look at DJGPP
(http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/). There are also a few http mirrors available
to download from.

There is also a IDE called Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)
which uses the MinGW port of GCC available for free (GPL).

HTH
--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X

* gcc/ g++ Linking Issues
@ 2004-01-06 19:33   ` Johnsy George
From: Johnsy George @ 2004-01-06 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I'm having a problem while linking a dynamic library which was created using
gcc
 with a .cpp file using the g++ compiler.Each time I link I get an error of
undefined symbols.
Here is the command :
For creating dynamic library I use:
gcc helloworld.c -dynamic helloworld
#this creates a helloworld dynamic library.

Here's the command to link:

g++ hello.cpp  -lhelloworld
error : undefined symbol printhello
Here helloworld is a library in which a function called printhello() is
implemented which is
used by hello.cpp.
Please let me know if you have any suggesstions.

johnsy

* Re: Gcc download
@ 2004-06-08 15:42 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-06-08 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j_morelli, gcc-help

The GCC source is available from...
http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html

Pre-built installable binaries are available from many places.  Depends on
your platform.

--Eljay

* Gcc download
@ 2004-06-08 14:54 j_morelli
From: j_morelli @ 2004-06-08 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi !,
I´m trying to download gcc 3.3 but I couldn´t find the site to do it,
Someone knows where can I find it ??

thanks!!