* Related to Glibc symbols
@ 2004-01-09 14:31 Anticipating a Reply
From: Anticipating a Reply @ 2004-01-09 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC HELP

Hi ,

  In /lib/libc.so.6 on my system , I see
symbols like
_dl_init@@GLIBC_PRIVATE
_IO_fsetpos@GLIBC_2.0
getgrgid_r@@GLIBC_2.1.2

   What does the suffix GLIBC_* signify and
how does it get used ?

   Also how is GLIBC_PRIVATE different from .hidden ?

   How do I write my own Shared library with
symbols  my_func@GLIBC_version or something similar ?

   The gABI document has left me more confused .
I would appreciate a detailed explanation for a
newbie .

   Thanks .

Cheers !

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-09 14:31 UTC | newest]