* Problem with g++ on Tru64 5.1B (gcc 3.4.1)
@ 2004-08-27 11:52 Simon Dodsley
From: Simon Dodsley @ 2004-08-27 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

I am new to compiling gcc, so please bear with me if I am just being stupid.

Have built 3.4.1 on a alphaev68-osf-5.1 system. gcc seems to be fine, but
g++ is failing continuously.

It can't find any include files and the libstdc++ libraries don't seem to
exist anywhere.

I specified c++ in the enable-languages switch.

Anyone else seen this? Have I missed a simple step, or this this a real
problem?

Regards,

Simon

* Re: Problem with g++ on Tru64 5.1B (gcc 3.4.1)
@ 2004-08-28  9:06 ` Thomas Lotterer
From: Thomas Lotterer @ 2004-08-28  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: simon; +Cc: gcc-help

Maybe OpenPKG can help you. It is a cross platform packaging solution
and all CORE packages are known to work on Tru64 5.1. Have a look
http://www.openpkg.org and give it a try. OpenPKG focuses on sources
which implies a chicken-egg problem but you can find unofficial binaries
at http://www.zfos.org/openpkg.html

--
Thomas.Lotterer@cw.com, Cable & Wireless

* Re: Problem with g++ on Tru64 5.1B (gcc 3.4.1)
@ 2004-08-31  7:10 Simon Dodsley
From: Simon Dodsley @ 2004-08-31  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thl; +Cc: gcc-help

>Maybe OpenPKG can help you. It is a cross platform packaging solution
>and all CORE packages are known to work on Tru64 5.1. Have a look
>http://www.openpkg.org and give it a try. OpenPKG focuses on sources
>which implies a chicken-egg problem but you can find unofficial binaries
>at http://www.zfos.org/openpkg.html

Thanks for the pointer.

Tried this again on another alpha and noticed that the gmake install was
failing due to install-sh not being found in some of the directories. After
copying it in, everything seems to work as expected.

Only slight problem is that when I compile I keep getting the following
warnings...

as0: Warning: , line 0: Unknown architecture name: ev68
as1: Warning: , line 0: Unknown architecture name: ev68
as0: Warning: , line 0: Unknown architecture name: ev68
as1: Warning: , line 0: Unknown architecture name: ev68

Anyone know why this might be?

Simon