* Regarding building GCC/glibc for MIPS targets
@ 2004-08-30 23:46 Saravana Prasad
From: Saravana Prasad @ 2004-08-30 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

   I'm trying to build GCC 3.2.3 (x86->mips) and LIBC
2.3.2 for various MIPS targets. I need the tool chain
for MIPS little-endian/big-endian mips1/mips3 ISA. I
was successful in building the mips-xxx-linux-gnu
target. The tool chain works fine for big-endian
mips32 target. But for little endian target, it is
failing as the correct library (endian) was not built.
Here are my questions.

1. How to build the tools chain for various target
combinations ?

2. Is it possible to just build one compiler (instead
f mipsel-xx, mipseb-xxx etc) and a set of libraries to
do the job ? If yes, do I need to use multilib option
? If so, how to use it ? I tried with the following
option, but only the big-endian target got built.

MULTILIB_OPTIONS = msoft-float/msingle-float EL/EB
mips1/mips3
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES = soft-float single el eb mips1
mips3

   Please advice.

TIA,
Saravana

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-30 18:28 UTC | newest]