* Reg g++ 3.4.1
@ 2004-09-23  8:34 Betu, Satyanarayana
From: Betu, Satyanarayana @ 2004-09-23  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello Sir,

We have developed db2 udf in c++ and we have compiled all files with gcc 2.95.3.That was working fine and recently we have upgraded the compiler from 2.95.3 to 3.4.1. From then we are getting errors like libstdc++.so not found when we are calling db2 udf.
If we make an exe without db2 libraries its working fine.But when we are making an exe with db2 libraries, initially it was giving libstdc++.not found.Then we did link to c++ libraries in db2 lib.Now its giving errors like __eprintf.o unresolved symbol.

Following are link options we are using...

For making db2 udf exe:

CCC=g++
CCFLAGS=-c -fPIC
LINK=g++ -shared -fPIC
LNFLAGS=-o

$(TARGETDIR)/FastDeblob: $(OBJS)
	$(LINK) -L$(DB2PATH)/lib -ldb2 -ldb2apie $(LNFLAGS) $(TARGETDIR)/FastDeblob $(OBJS)

For making c++ exe:

CCC=g++
CCFLAGS=-c
LINK=g++
LNFLAGS=-o

$(OUTDIR)/FastDeblob: $(OBJS_FASTDEBLOB)
	$(LINK) $(LNFLAGS) $(OUTDIR)/FastDeblob $(OBJS_FASTDEBLOB)

Thanks & Regards
Satya
VISA - VDPS Development
IT Division
Basingstoke
LONDON
+44 1256 89 1541 (O)

* Re: Reg g++ 3.4.1
@ 2004-09-23 11:48 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2004-09-23 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:33:58AM +0100, Betu, Satyanarayana wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
> We have developed db2 udf in c++ and we have compiled all files with gcc 2.95.3.That was working fine and recently we have upgraded the compiler from 2.95.3 to 3.4.1. From then we are getting errors like libstdc++.so not found when we are calling db2 udf.
> If we make an exe without db2 libraries its working fine.But when we are making
> an exe with db2 libraries, initially it was giving libstdc++.not found.

Maybe you forgot to run ldconfig? Or you needed to configure ld.so resp. add the
appropriate path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable?  (btw, what platform are you talking about?)

> Then we did link to c++ libraries in db2 lib.
> Now its giving errors like __eprintf.o unresolved symbol.

This is quite a bad description. What does link to c++ libraries
in db2 lib mean? If db2 is a c++ lib it needs to be linked with
the standard c++ library, doesn't it? Do you perhaps mean that you
linked with the c++ standard lib statically?

And what is "it" that's giving errors "like" unresolved symbols?
When is it giving these errors, doing what?

Why don't you exactly write which errors you got? Just copy'n'paste
them into the message. Instead of describing what you did, just show
it to us.

Make sure that all the C++ libs and your application are compiled using
the same version of GCC. It won't work otherwise.

--
Claudio