* silent linking failure
@ 2005-03-17  9:02 strk
From: strk @ 2005-03-17  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello. I've manually upgraded to gcc-3.4.3 and using
GNU ld version 2.15 from debian distribution.

gcc -o test test.c -L/extra/geos/lib -lgeos

produces a binary file with IS NOT linked to libgeos
while giving NO WARNING/ERROR s.

Other libraries do link fine, reguardless existence
of references to their exporting symbols in the test.c
code.

I check linkage using ldd (GNU libc) 2.3.2.

When trying this with *the real thing* I also have references
to the geos library which are unresolved.

$ uname -a
Linux xtops 2.6.7 #7 Mon Aug 16 10:13:41 CEST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Any hint on what could this be due to ?

--strk;

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-03-17  8:59 UTC | newest]