* How can I remove articles posted under my name?
@ 2006-06-25 22:14 Alexander Verhaeghe
From: Alexander Verhaeghe @ 2006-06-25 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu, gcc-help, gcc, webmasters, chief-webmaster
  Cc: tobias.schlueter, fortran, pinskia

Hello,

As the title says, how can I remove articles posted
under my name "Alexander Verhaeghe" or e-mailaddress
"alexanderverhaeghe at yahoo dot com"

When I do a search in http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html I
get 8 results which I would like to have removed,
espcially when they popup in the searchengines.

My next mail will be a list of e-mailaddresses that
don't work!

Regards,

Alexander Verhaeghe

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: How can I remove articles posted under my name?
@ 2006-06-25 22:33 ` Steven Bosscher
From: Steven Bosscher @ 2006-06-25 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Verhaeghe
  Cc: gnu, gcc-help, gcc, webmasters, chief-webmaster,
	tobias.schlueter, fortran, pinskia

On 6/26/06, Alexander Verhaeghe <alexanderverhaeghe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As the title says, how can I remove articles posted
> under my name "Alexander Verhaeghe" or e-mailaddress
> "alexanderverhaeghe at yahoo dot com"

You can not.

And it would not be very useful either, because all the lists you sent
mail to are archived in a lot more places than just gcc.gnu.org.

Sorry.

Gr.
Steven

* Re: How can I remove articles posted under my name?
@ 2006-06-25 23:40 ` tobias.schlueter
From: tobias.schlueter @ 2006-06-25 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Verhaeghe; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc, pinskia

[ cutting down the CC list ]

Alexander Verhaeghe <alexanderverhaeghe@yahoo.com> wrote on Mon, 26 Jun 2006:
> As the title says, how can I remove articles posted
> under my name "Alexander Verhaeghe" or e-mailaddress
> "alexanderverhaeghe at yahoo dot com"
>
> When I do a search in http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html I
> get 8 results which I would like to have removed,
> espcially when they popup in the searchengines.

You've just added another 2 to that list.  Had you not misspelled
gnu.org once that would have been three.  Needless to say that these 2
will be reproduced on several other list archives, including gmane.org
which you found before.

Please stop spamming the lists with requests to be removed from the
list archives hosted on gcc.gnu.org and other, unrelated sites.  As
other people have pointed out to you, this is not going to happen
(reg. my previous answers, I might add that I wasn't aware that
there's a policy in place against this, but it makes a lot of sense),
and the lists themselves are the wrong place to ask for this.  If you
don't want your address published, this originally happened a year
ago, when you originally posted to the list and only turning back time
can revert this fact.  If you don't want unfavorably looking posts
appearing in a google search of your name, you've not done yourself a
favor with today's series of posts.

Sorry,
- Tobi