* RE: Complier not giving warning/error in this scenario.. Please h elp..
@ 2005-09-29  3:19 Ryan Mansfield
From: Ryan Mansfield @ 2005-09-29  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Soujanya Gundlapalli', gcc-help; +Cc: gcc-bugs

No, it's not a problem with the compiler. When you remove the function name,
the code is still valid.

For example:

int main() {
   int a;
   a = (1,2,3,4);
   printf("%d\n", a);
}

ryan@avarice:~$ gcc t.c
ryan@avarice:~$ ./a.out
4

See 6.5.17 Comma operator of the C Standard for more information

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield