* To display log comments on console or file
@ 2022-04-18 10:32 RICHU NORMAN
From: RICHU NORMAN @ 2022-04-18 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
Thanking you in advance.
I am a beginner working on implementing new instructions in gcc. I am
unable to display log comments on console or file. We want to put log
comments to know if compilation entered certain functions that we edited.
Either we should be able to print on console or print in a file. This would
help us track the flow of execution as well.
 Regards

* Re: To display log comments on console or file
@ 2022-04-18 12:22 ` Xi Ruoyao
From: Xi Ruoyao @ 2022-04-18 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RICHU NORMAN, gcc-help

On Mon, 2022-04-18 at 16:02 +0530, RICHU NORMAN wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanking you in advance.
> I am a beginner working on implementing new instructions in gcc. I am
> unable to display log comments on console or file. We want to put log
> comments to know if compilation entered certain functions that we edited.
> Either we should be able to print on console or print in a file. This would
> help us track the flow of execution as well.

You can use fprintf(stderr, ...) to output messages.  But why not just
use a debugger?

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@mengyan1223.wang>