From: lrtaylor@micron.com
To: <pranavs@noida.hcltech.com>, <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: gcc installation
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:40:00 -0000	[thread overview]

You need a working C compiler on your system in order to build GCC.  If you do not already have one installed, then you will not be able to build GCC from sources.  If you do have one (e.g., Forte), then add the path in which it is installed to the beginning of your PATH variable.  Otherwise, you might try installing a binary release instead.  For example, try looking at www.sunfreeware.com.

Cheers,
Lyle