* RE: Two gcc Installations: conflict in library?
@ 2004-08-24 18:27 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-08-24 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: janvier_anonical, gcc-help

Mostly likely, when you compile, the new libraries and headers will get
picked up.  However, depending on how your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or
ld.so.conf on Linux) is set up, you may not get the right libraries - it
will depend on whether /usr/lib is search before /usr/local/lib.  I
would suspect that /usr/local/lib is searched first, but it just depends
on how your system is set up.

Thanks,
Lyle

From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-08-24 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Janvier D. Anonical, gcc-help

Hi Janvier,

When you compile, put in the -v switch.

g++ -v test.cpp

The verbose output will state which header file locations and libraries are
being used.

HTH,
--Eljay

* Two gcc Installations: conflict in library?
@ 2004-08-24 10:47 Janvier D. Anonical