From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@zip.com.au>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Memory Leaks
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:02:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Fred Wan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there are possibilities of tracing memory leaks with
>
> gdb (xxxgdb)? The only thing I now have at my disposal is Visual C++,
> and
> its routines for tracing those kinds of errors are insufficient and
> inaccurate (but what can you expect from microsoft?). I was used to the
> commercial C++ compiler package from IBM on a RISC\6000 AIX machine,
> that includes a heap debugger, an excellent program. I now have Solaris
> 7 (on intel) with just g++ and gdb and I haven't found any specialized
> ways of tracking memory leaks.

Have a look at this page:

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/zorn/public_html/MallocDebug.html

Erik
     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd@zip.com.au
Spook bait:
heroin Albright terrify extradite packages uranium
airport terminal Yeltsin code kill blast president
train station Clinton opium nitro money sneak hash
keep secret DEA smuggle FBI get caught execute LSD
assassinate NSA terrorize bombed encrypt plutonium

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@zip.com.au>
To: help-gcc@gnu.org
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:28:00 -0000	[thread overview]