* Re: GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-11 23:22 Oldrich Kepka
From: Oldrich Kepka @ 2000-05-11 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

>I am interested in getting GCC to cross compile for the atmel AVR mcu. It
>is listed as one of the targets in the docs but when I try to run
>configure, it complains avr is not a recognized target name.

Look here http://medo.fov.uni-mb.si/mapp/uTools/index.html .

Best regards
Olda

* Re: GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-12 10:27 ` bruno schwander
From: bruno schwander @ 2000-05-12 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I had a look at this, so does this mean that the avr port is not integrated
with the current gcc release yet ?

Oldrich Kepka wrote:

> >I am interested in getting GCC to cross compile for the atmel AVR mcu. It
> >is listed as one of the targets in the docs but when I try to run
> >configure, it complains avr is not a recognized target name.
>
> Look here http://medo.fov.uni-mb.si/mapp/uTools/index.html .
>
> Best regards
> Olda

* Re: GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-12 15:35   ` bruno schwander
From: bruno schwander @ 2000-05-12 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Does anybody know where I can find doc on how several targets are supported, i.e
if I build gcc for additional targets, I understand that different binaries are
built and the gcc driver actually calls the appropriate one, what about libs and
include files ? is there default paths that are automatically included depending
on the target ?

Thanks for enlightening me, I am still wary of building additional targets gcc
that could interfer with my current settings

bruno

* Re: GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-13 10:01 Oldrich Kepka
From: Oldrich Kepka @ 2000-05-13 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

>Does anybody know where I can find doc on how several targets are
supported, i.e
>if I build gcc for additional targets, I understand that different binaries
are
>built and the gcc driver actually calls the appropriate one, what about
libs and
>include files ? is there default paths that are automatically included
depending
>on the target ?

When you build gcc for avr, its name is avr-gcc, as well binutils have
different names avr-as, avr-ld, avr-objdump, ...

There are special library avr-libc for avr.

Olda

* Re: GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-11 13:35 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-05-11 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruno schwander; +Cc: gcc-help

On May 11, 2000, bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com> wrote:

> configure, it complains avr is not a recognized target name.

Try avr-elf or something like that.  Search the configure scripts for
occurrences of avr- if this doesn't work.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com

* GCC avr target port ?
@ 2000-05-11  9:56 bruno schwander
From: bruno schwander @ 2000-05-11  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am interested in getting GCC to cross compile for the atmel AVR mcu. It
is listed as one of the targets in the docs but when I try to run
configure, it complains avr is not a recognized target name.

what do I need else ?
anyone got gcc for avr to work ?

thanks,

bruno