* About gcc -g....
@ 2001-01-12 10:13 Jorge A. Rodriguez
From: Jorge A. Rodriguez @ 2001-01-12 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hellow

I have the squid source and i need to configure, compile and install it.
The problem is when a i try to configure squid (./configure) i received
a message saying like this " gcc -g no work" and after
"configure : error: C compiler can not create executables". Is the
problem in the squid source or in the gcc compiler?

Thanks.

* Re: About gcc -g....
@ 2001-01-12 11:54 ` Jeff Sturm
From: Jeff Sturm @ 2001-01-12 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge A. Rodriguez; +Cc: gcc-help

"Jorge A. Rodriguez" wrote:
> I have the squid source and i need to configure, compile and install it.
> The problem is when a i try to configure squid (./configure) i received
> a message saying like this " gcc -g no work" and after
> "configure : error: C compiler can not create executables". Is the
> problem in the squid source or in the gcc compiler?

Probably neither, configure isn't finding a useable compiler.

What is your platform (i.e. output of `config.guess')?

What does "gcc --version" say?

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com

* Re: About gcc -g....
@ 2001-01-12 18:02 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-12 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge A. Rodriguez; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 12, 2001, "Jorge A. Rodriguez" <danny@unica.cu> wrote:

>   I have a problem when i try ./configure into my squid source, the
> message say that
>   gcc -g not work.

Does configure stop?  On some platforms, GCC doesn't support emitting
debugging information (HP-UX without GNU as comes to mind).  GCC will
*warn* that it doesn't generate debugging info, but it will work
anyway.

* About gcc -g....
@ 2001-01-12  9:49 Jorge A. Rodriguez
From: Jorge A. Rodriguez @ 2001-01-12  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

 hellow :

  I have a problem when i try ./configure into my squid source, the
message say that
  gcc -g not work. Some body can help me?. Is this problem in gcc or
squid source files?

 Thanks