* Re: Bootstrap failure: objdir=srcdir, FreeBSD make
       [not found] ` <ord7cvxnqr.fsf@guarana.lsd.ic.unicamp.br>
@ 2001-02-07 14:14   ` Chip Olson
From: Chip Olson @ 2001-02-07 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Chip Olson has just reported the same problem with objdir != srcdir.
>
> What strikes me as odd is that fixinc is only supposed to build in
> stage1, when CC is still the bootstrap compiler.  I don't get this
> error on various versions of FreeBSD, but I'm using GNU make on all of
> them.  Are you?

Bingo! I was using FreeBSD make. With GNU make, it all compiled perfectly.

Thank you *so* much for all of your help! It's people like you who truly
exemplify the ideals of the Open Source movement.

--
-Chip Olson. | ceo at shore dot net
"You ask me why we celebrate, when nothing has been won;

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-07 14:14 UTC | newest]