* Configuring GCC on a Win 2000 system
@ 2002-10-14 13:44 Tony Cerreto
From: Tony Cerreto @ 2002-10-14 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi:
I would like to compile using the Gnu compiler (GCC) on a Windows 2000
system.  The resulting image will be downloaded to a powerPC.  I have
read through the configuration instructions and it looks like the
program \srcdir\configure is a script for an AIX system.  I could not
find anything that would support gcc configuration on a WIN 2000
system.  Does installation support exist for a WIN-2000 platform as the
host.?  Thank-you.
Tony Cerreto
IBM
cerreto@us.ibm.com

* Re: Configuring GCC on a Win 2000 system
@ 2002-10-14 14:08 ` Oscar Fuentes
From: Oscar Fuentes @ 2002-10-14 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: cerreto

Tony Cerreto <cerreto@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Hi:
> I would like to compile using the Gnu compiler (GCC) on a Windows 2000
> system.  The resulting image will be downloaded to a powerPC.  I have
> read through the configuration instructions and it looks like the
> program \srcdir\configure is a script for an AIX system.  I could not
> find anything that would support gcc configuration on a WIN 2000
> system.  Does installation support exist for a WIN-2000 platform as the
> host.?  Thank-you.

Try www.mingw.org (MSYS) and www.cygwin.com

My small experience building cross-compilers on Windows was not very
positive.

--
Oscar

* Re: Configuring GCC on a Win 2000 system
@ 2002-10-14 16:27   ` Ricardo Anguiano
From: Ricardo Anguiano @ 2002-10-14 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oscar Fuentes; +Cc: gcc-help, cerreto

AFAIK, www.cygwin.com is going away RSN.  The new site is