* Transpose/merge
@ 2002-10-27 10:50 AS225
From: AS225 @ 2002-10-27 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I am not that much skilled in C/C++ programming, but I
am eager to learn more about it.

I have a problem to manipulate the following data set.
I hope that I may get a help from you guys!

I am looking for an algorithm that  transpose(merge) a
data set by a variable. The data set is a two
dimensional x(m,n). If the the value of the first
column is equal to the value of the previous row (m,1
=m-1,1)  then  merge the variables of ( m, 2-n) to the
first row.

May be an example of a data set explain in a better
way.

obs   v1 v2 v3
 1    11 12 13
 1    21 22 23
 2    22 23 24
 3    44 45 46
 3    55 54 56
 3    66 65 66

The transposed(merged) data file would look like

1    11 12 13 21 22 23
2    22 23 24
3    44 45 46 55 54 56 66 65 66

Any help is highly appreciated in advance
Ashe

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

* Re: Transpose/merge
@ 2002-10-28  9:39 ` Gokhan Kisacikoglu
From: Gokhan Kisacikoglu @ 2002-10-28  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AS225; +Cc: gcc-help

STOP POSTING YOUR HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS HERE!!!