* CVS Problems and Compile Errors
@ 2003-03-11  0:25 William G. Lea
From: William G. Lea @ 2003-03-11  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm haveing a couple of problems building the 3.2.2 release.

My first problem is with CVS. I can't seem to get it to run to a clean
ending.  Sometimes it just hangs, sometimes it reports an internal
error. And most recently it stops with a:

"waiting for anancvs's lock in /cvsroot/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/d30v" which
repeats every thirty seconds until I shut it off or the program stalls
completely.  This has been consistent for two days.  It's almost as if
someone has locked the repository (d30v) and forgotten about it.  Is
that possible?

I went ahead and tried to build the system anyway but I get an error in
the second phase of the bootstrap process.  The file lex.c gives an
error in a function call.

line 449: cxx_init
          too many arguements to fucntion 'c_common_init'
          incompatable types in assignment

Has anyone encountered these errors? What can I do about them?

Thanks

* Re: CVS Problems and Compile Errors
@ 2003-03-11  4:33 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-03-11  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William G. Lea; +Cc: gcc-help

"William G. Lea" <wglea1@swbell.net> writes:

> I'm haveing a couple of problems building the 3.2.2 release.
>
> My first problem is with CVS. I can't seem to get it to run to a clean
> ending.  Sometimes it just hangs, sometimes it reports an internal
> error. And most recently it stops with a:
>
> "waiting for anancvs's lock in /cvsroot/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/d30v" which
> repeats every thirty seconds until I shut it off or the program stalls
> completely.  This has been consistent for two days.  It's almost as if
> someone has locked the repository (d30v) and forgotten about it.  Is
> that possible?

It happens You aren't the only person to have complained about this
    recently, so I suspect most the people who can do anything about
    this are not reading this list. I can only suggest you email gcc
    at gcc.gnu.org = that's the developer mailing list, and someone
    there should be able to fix the problem.

> I went ahead and tried to build the system anyway but I get an error in
> the second phase of the bootstrap process.  The file lex.c gives an
> error in a function call.
>
> line 449: cxx_init
>           too many arguements to fucntion 'c_common_init'
>           incompatable types in assignment
>
> Has anyone encountered these errors? What can I do about them?

Could you say what platform you are building on?

* Re: CVS Problems and Compile Errors
@ 2003-03-11 17:54   ` William G. Lea
From: William G. Lea @ 2003-03-11 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have an updated version of RED Hat 8 using their latest kernel update
for the Athelon and gcc 3.2.1.  I'm getting a weird Fortran error and
thus wanted the latest version.  I may have to spend real money for a
commercial compiler if I can't get around this.  I'll try another update
command this afternoon and if it's still screwed up I'll post to the
other list.
Thanks
Bill Lea