* U77
@ 2003-08-25 14:50 Jeremy Hales
From: Jeremy Hales @ 2003-08-25 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I'm attempting to apply some code that I've previously had running on a
Sun work station, which uses U77 library routines.  With the Sun I can
get the code to link to this library by simply putting a +U77 in my
compiler and linker option lists.

This doesn't seem to work  with the gnu compiler on my Mac (OS 10.2).
In fact I'm not sure if this library even exists with the system
(although some of the Web-based info I've found implies that it does).
The system doesn't give an error message when I use the +U77 option;
but it does when it can't locate the specific library routines that
should be contained therein.

1)  Does this library really exist with with the gnu system, and if so
how do I link to it?

2)  If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks for your help!

Jeremy M. Hales
Envair
12507 Eagle Reach
Pasco, WA 99301
Phone 509/546-9541
Fax   509/546-9522
jake@cgenv.com

* Re: U77
@ 2003-08-25 16:26 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2003-08-25 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Hales; +Cc: gcc-help

Jeremy Hales wrote:

> I'm attempting to apply some code that I've previously had running on a
> Sun work station, which uses U77 library routines.  With the Sun I can
> get the code to link to this library by simply putting a +U77 in my
> compiler and linker option lists.

You'll have to be more explicit - show us some code that doesn't link.

There is an independently developed implementation of most of what's in
Sun's U77 library included in the run-time library of g77.

Show us the error message, too.

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)