* Compile crosscompiler on cygwin, core dump help!
@ 2003-12-29  1:13 Robert Baruch
From: Robert Baruch @ 2003-12-29  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

Does anyone have any insight into this problem? I'm compiling gcc-3.3.2
on cygwin as a cross compiler. I'm playing around with machine
descriptions, so I expect core dumps to happen when the cross compiler
runs. The core dumps will be useful in figuring out how and where I
screwed up the machine descriptions.

I've set the environment variable
CYGWIN=error_start=C:\cygwin\bin\dumper.exe so that I get core files on
abort. I also had to comment out the abort defines in tree.h and rtl.h,
and also change toplev.c so that the SIGABRT signal calls the default
signal handler instead of the non-core producing crash_signal. If I
didn't do this, I wouldn't get any core dump at all when abort() is called.

So I get all the way to compiling the various parts of libgcc2, and I
get a core dump cc1.exe.core. I run gdb on cc1.exe, and I get this output:

$ gdb C:/cygwin/home/Ek/build2/gcc/cc1.exe cc1.exe.core
GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
00400000:C:/cygwin/home/Ek/build2/gcc/cc1.exe (symbols previously loaded)
#0  0x7ffe0304 in ?? ()
Breakpoint 1 at 0x48cfa6: file ../../gcc-3.3.2/gcc/diagnostic.c, line 1376.
Breakpoint 2 at 0x5c2670
Breakpoint 3 at 0x5c2350
(gdb) where
#0  0x7ffe0304 in ?? ()
#1  0x77f5c534 in ntdll!ZwWaitForSingleObject ()
#2  0x77e7a62d in WaitForSingleObjectEx ()
#3  0x00000778 in ?? ()

So my question is, where is all the useful information? Why doesn't the
stack trace show where the abort happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--Rob

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-29  1:13 UTC | newest]