* Build gcc for Thumb under cygwin?
@ 2001-02-07 11:38 Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-02-07 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I've been using gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.10.1 (target arm-elf) built under
cygwin (1.1.8, on all of Win98SE, WinME, WinNTWS 4 and Win2000) for
cross-development for the Cirrus Logic CL-EP7212 using eCos.

Ever since I first started struggling with gcc some months ago, I have not
been able to compile a set of tools that can generate Thumb instructions.
I've tried numerous snapshots of older (separate arm-elf and thumb-elf) and
current (merged backends with -mthumb switch and single arm-elf
configuration) versions of gcc, and I can't get them to build. I've also
begged in usenet, and wiser heads than mine have given up on the problem.

The closest I've got is by hacking the 2000-03-13 snapshot to a point where
it builds without errors but [silently] doesn't install; I'm not sure if
all the output files have been generated.

For reasons that don't bear repeating here, moving development to Linux is
not an option.

Is there anyone that could help me make a set of Cygwin tools so that I can
compile for Thumb instructions? It would make my 16-bit-flash-subsystem
appliance much happier.

Profuse thanks for any help.
=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-07 11:38 UTC | newest]