* how do i install on windows 98?
@ 2004-01-11  0:42 rurik leffanta
From: rurik leffanta @ 2004-01-11  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

i hate asking this question :)

i have unpacked a tar.gz file of gcc 2.95.3, but none of the 'instructions'
on how to activate it are addressed anywhere remotely near my
understanding..

isn't there a step-by-step description of how to accomplish this somewhere?
as said, i'm thoroughly baffled by the links usually provided in response to
this, ie. the mingw site..
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~plattermatic
http://www.panicnow.net/~xoxos

* Re: how do i install on windows 98?
@ 2004-01-11  2:53 ` Sisyphus
From: Sisyphus @ 2004-01-11  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rurik leffanta; +Cc: gcc-help

rurik leffanta wrote:
> i hate asking this question :)
>
> i have unpacked a tar.gz file of gcc 2.95.3, but none of the 'instructions'
> on how to activate it are addressed anywhere remotely near my
> understanding..
>
> isn't there a step-by-step description of how to accomplish this somewhere?
> as said, i'm thoroughly baffled by the links usually provided in response to
> this, ie. the mingw site..

Imo, the best way to install gcc on Win98 is to go to
http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml and click on the link to
MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe.

When you've downloaded that exe file, run it and that will install the
MinGW suite of apps (including gcc) for you. Then it's just a matter of
adding the location of your MinGW/bin folder to your path ... and the
job's done. Run 'gcc -v' to check that all's well.

Of course that will give you gcc 3.2.3. Did you really need 2.95.3 ?

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an