* Re: C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-15 19:43 Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-04-15 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirav.dalal, Tom Browder, gcc-help

Hi Nirav,

If you are just looking for something that's more-or-less adequate, I've
had good luck with VIM and it's internal C-indenting.  (http://www.vim.org
... you have to skip past the protest splash page.)

You could set up VIM to process each of your files.

If you need a real re-formatter (changes where the curly braces go, adds
removes newlines, yada yada yada), you may have to write your own.  Perhaps
in perl.

--Eljay

* Re: C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-15 20:09 ` Iain Woolf
From: Iain Woolf @ 2004-04-15 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
> Hi Nirav,
>
> If you are just looking for something that's more-or-less adequate, I've
> had good luck with VIM and it's internal C-indenting.
> (http://www.vim.org ... you have to skip past the protest splash page.)
>
> You could set up VIM to process each of your files.

<flame bait>
VIM?! Do it in emacs!
</flame bait>

For formatting C/C++ files, there's also bcpp
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/bcpp/). I haven't used it for a while,
but I recall it was fairly good.

Cheers,

  Iain

* Re: C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-15 19:09 nirav.dalal
From: nirav.dalal @ 2004-04-15 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Browder, gcc-help

GNU's indent does not give guarantee that it will work for C++ files.

Thanks anyways,
- Nirav

                      "Tom Browder"
                      <tbrowder@cox.ne         To:      <nirav.dalal@teradyne.com>, <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
                      t>                       cc:
                                               Subject: Re: C++ code beautifier
                      04/15/2004 04:07
                      AM

Try GNU's indent.

 Tom Browder

* Re: C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-15  8:07 ` Tom Browder
From: Tom Browder @ 2004-04-15  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirav.dalal, gcc-help

Try GNU's indent.

Tom Browder

* C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-14 17:51 nirav.dalal
From: nirav.dalal @ 2004-04-14 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Our project is basically to convert VB code to C++, then compile with GCC
and use the binaries. But the C++ code is left aligned and we would like to
beautify it somehow.

I have been using GNU compiler for a few months now and was wondering
if GNU had C++ code beautifying capability. Or some free software available
on web, which is reliable.
Does anybody has recommendation?

I have tried Artistic Style (astyle), but it seems to be little old and
have
a few open bugs in it.

Thanks..

* C++ code beautifier
@ 2004-04-13 13:54 nirav.dalal
From: nirav.dalal @ 2004-04-13 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I'm looking for a free C++ code beautifier software available on web.