* Statically Linked Shared Objects
@ 2004-08-05 18:44 Kevin Lindsay
From: Kevin Lindsay @ 2004-08-05 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am creating a statically linked shared object which I want to link to
on different systems. The problem here is that this library is binary
incompatible with the application that will be loading it, thus friendly
segfaults appear. Specifically, glibc 2.3.2 symbols exist in this static
library. I want an application compiled with glibc 2.2.5 to load it
without symbol conflicts.

This is what I have done so far:

libA.so - Statically linked shared object using glibc 2.3.2.
Module.so - Perl C module built with glibc-2.2.5 which links to libA.so.

Perl, which is also using glibc-2.2.5 dynamically loads Module.so, a few
system calls after dlopen() a segfault occurs.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kevin-

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-05 18:16 UTC | newest]