* -z option
@ 2004-09-13  1:59 Rudolf Ladyzhenskii
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rudolf Ladyzhenskii @ 2004-09-13  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, all

Can anyone please explain me what '-z' option is? I figure it has something to do with linking. Did not find anything in man page on gcc and in google search.

Thanks,

/*******************************************************/
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii
Senior Design Engineer
Open Networks Pty. Ltd.
Level 26, 35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
e-mail: rudolfl.ladyzhenskii@opennw.com
phone: +61 3 9656 5107
fax:     +61 3 9656 5122
web: www.opennw.com
/*******************************************************/

* Re: -z option
@ 2004-09-13 11:03 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-09-13 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Ladyzhenskii, gcc-help

Hi Rudolf,

I do not believe there is a -z option for GCC.  At least, there's not on my
version --OR-- it's a secret, undocumented, unpublished option.  I get
"unrecognized option '-z'".

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: -z option
@ 2004-09-13 12:39 ` Sisyphus
From: Sisyphus @ 2004-09-13 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Ladyzhenskii; +Cc: gcc-help

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Can anyone please explain me what '-z' option is? I figure it has something to do with linking. Did not find anything in man page on gcc and in google search.

ld --help

(I've really no idea whether that helps at all :-)

Cheers,
Rob

* Re: -z option
@ 2004-09-16  4:55 ` Muthukumar Ratty
From: Muthukumar Ratty @ 2004-09-16  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Ladyzhenskii; +Cc: gcc-help

Look at ld manual.

<snip>
elf_i386_glibc21:
  -Bgroup               Selects group name lookup rules for DSO
  --disable-new-dtags   Disable new dynamic tags
  --enable-new-dtags    Enable new dynamic tags
  -z defs               Disallows undefined symbols
  -z initfirst          Mark DSO to be initialized first at runtime
  -z interpose          Mark object to interpose all DSOs but executable
  -z loadfltr           Mark object requiring immediate process
  -z nodefaultlib       Mark object not to use default search paths
  -z nodelete           Mark DSO non-deletable at runtime
  -z nodlopen           Mark DSO not available to dlopen
  -z nodump             Mark DSO not available to dldump
  -z now                Mark object non-lazy runtime binding
  -z origin             Mark object requiring immediate $ORIGIN processing
                          at runtime
  -z KEYWORD            Ignored for Solaris compatibility