* answered my own question....
@ 2004-11-20 15:51 Steven Miller
From: Steven Miller @ 2004-11-20 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

--target and --host behave differently despite what ./configure --help says

Steven

* Re: answered my own question....
@ 2004-11-20 15:59 ` Sriharsha Vedurmudi
From: Sriharsha Vedurmudi @ 2004-11-20 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

You need to specify the machine you are using to build gcc as HOST (--host) and the machine for which this gcc is intended to produce the
code for as TARGET (--target).

The thing you are seeing in the square brackets are the DEFAULTS which autoconf will assume if you do not supply any arguement.

--
  * Sriharsha Vedurmudi