* gfortran on Linux on Alpha?
@ 2005-05-25 19:25 Kenny Van Alstyne
From: Kenny Van Alstyne @ 2005-05-25 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Has anyone had any luck getting gfortran to compile on the Alpha
platform in Linux?  One of our primary uses for GCC4 was Fortran 95
support, however it would be rather useless if it is not supported on
the Alpha platform.  The configure for GCC gives this message:
    The following languages will be built: c,c++,java,objc
    *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libada gnattools target-libgfortran
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

My platform is reported as: alphaev67-unknown-linux-gnu

I am running Gentoo Base System version 1.6.12.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kenny Van Alstyne
Naval Research Laboratory, Code 7320

* Re: gfortran on Linux on Alpha?
@ 2005-05-26 13:24 ` Kenny Van Alstyne
From: Kenny Van Alstyne @ 2005-05-26 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Following up on my own email, the issue has been resolved.  It turns out
that the entire problem was an old copy of the binutils laying around.  :^P