* Question Please Help
@ 2005-06-03  5:43 Mudreac Nelu
From: Mudreac Nelu @ 2005-06-03  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

Thank you for Developing and maintaining GCC, I am very much appreciate
your effort.

I am a Gentoo User and have some confusion about some CFLAGS applied for
GCC code Optimization.

If you have some time to help me find out the correct answer for 2 basic
newbie questions witch I try to find on the internet and different
forums but unsuccessful.

1. Example > is -|march|=pentium4 implies flags –mmmx –msse -msse2 and
|-mfpmath=sse ?|

Because from GCC manual is not very clear if implies or not, I must use
this flags when I specify -|march|=pentium4 or this flags e default base
on CPU specific in -march=/cpu-type/.

2. |-fomit-frame-pointer that become default in GCC 3.4.4 for |-O, -O2,
-O3, -Os optimizations implies |-momit-leaf-frame-pointer|

 From GCC manual >

/-momit-leaf-frame-pointer///

/Don't keep the frame pointer in a register for leaf functions. This
avoids the instructions to save, set up and restore frame pointers and
makes an extra register available in leaf functions. The option
//-fomit-frame-pointer// removes the frame pointer for all functions
which might make debugging harder. /

It is not very clear if implies or I should specify separate in my CFLAGS.

Thank you for your time and I hope you will help me to find out correct
answer and I will share my knowledge with other users who wont to know too.

Best Regards

mudrii

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-03  5:43 UTC | newest]