* c-parser.y
@ 2006-06-26  2:34 Wang,Yi
From: Wang,Yi @ 2006-06-26  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all:

 I need to make some changes to the GCC Frontend. I thought I need
some knowledge about YACC but later I found that c-parser.y is missing
in GCC 4.1 and 4.2.  How do we generate the parser now? I did search
the mailling list and I did not find anything userful. Please help.

Thanks!

--
Yi Wang
Software Engineering, ComSci@U of T

* Re: c-parser.y
@ 2006-06-26  3:30 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2006-06-26  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

"Wang,Yi" wrote:

>  I need to make some changes to the GCC Frontend. I thought I need
> some knowledge about YACC but later I found that c-parser.y is missing
> in GCC 4.1 and 4.2.  How do we generate the parser now? I did search
> the mailling list and I did not find anything userful. Please help.

To quote from <http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/changes.html>:

The old Bison-based C and Objective-C parser has been replaced by a new,
faster hand-written recursive-descent parser.

See also <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/New%20C%20Parser>.

Brian