* Assistance locating runtime library function
@ 2008-10-08 21:30 Bill Mahoney
From: Bill Mahoney @ 2008-10-08 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi!

Hey, I would like to know on a new 4.3.2 install, where the source is
for the portion of the RT library that contains __cyg_profile_func_enter
/ _exit.  Can somebody just email me back and aim me at the correct
file? I've find/grep'd until my fingers are tired.

Thanks

Bill Mahoney
U. Nebraska - Omaha

* Re: Assistance locating runtime library function
@ 2008-10-09  0:28 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2008-10-09  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Mahoney; +Cc: gcc-help

Bill Mahoney wrote:

> Hey, I would like to know on a new 4.3.2 install, where the source is
> for the portion of the RT library that contains __cyg_profile_func_enter
> / _exit.  Can somebody just email me back and aim me at the correct
> file? I've find/grep'd until my fingers are tired.

The compiler will insert calls to those functions when you use
-finstrument-functions but you are meant to provide an implementation of
them in your own code to receive the data and process it as you wish.
So you won't find what you're looking for in gcc anywhere because it
doesn't exist.

Brian