* Questions about GCJ  4.6.0
@ 2011-05-30  9:06 Zachary Mitchell
From: Zachary Mitchell @ 2011-05-30  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I wish to install the GCJ 4.6.0 version.

I wish to compile from source.  I have read the documentation,
and don't find it useful for my situation.

I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
installation.

I ask the following:

-Does the GCJ 4.6.0 allow java code to be compiled
into Linux/Mac/Windows executables,
ie machine code for those operating systems?

-For a small Test.java program,
could I be given an example gcj command line
for a particular example for the previous question?

-Is 4.6.0 considered stable, and does it support
new things in Java like Generics/autoboxing-unboxing/annotations/Enums?

-Does it work of a PATH/CLASSPATH variable?

-How do I
$> ./configure;make;install;
with success under mingw32?

* Re: Questions about GCJ  4.6.0
@ 2011-05-30 12:00 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2011-05-30 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 29/04/11 07:08, Zachary Mitchell wrote:
> I wish to install the GCJ 4.6.0 version.
>
> I wish to compile from source.  I have read the documentation,
> and don't find it useful for my situation.
>
> I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
> gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
> installation.
>
> I ask the following:
>
> -Does the GCJ 4.6.0 allow java code to be compiled
> into Linux/Mac/Windows executables,
> ie machine code for those operating systems?

I don't know about Mac and Windows, but GNU/Linux should be fine.

> -For a small Test.java program,
> could I be given an example gcj command line
> for a particular example for the previous question?

gcj --main=Test Test.java

> -Is 4.6.0 considered stable, and does it support
> new things in Java like Generics/autoboxing-unboxing/annotations/Enums?
>
> -Does it work of a PATH/CLASSPATH variable?

Yes, yes.  Are you trying not to read any documents?

> -How do I
> $> ./configure;make;install;
> with success under mingw32?

Sorry, I can't help you with this.  But I do know not to run configure in
the source directory.

Andrew.