* Fixincludes machine_name fix overly zealous
@ 2012-05-29 21:23 rbmj
From: rbmj @ 2012-05-29 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

So, now that I got fixincludes to work with me, there is only one
barrier to getting everything working for me.

The machine_name fix seems to be overly zealous.  It is replacing many
instances of
#if((n)def) ... CPU ...
with
#if((n)def) ... __CPU__

Which is ok, except for the fact that it does *not* replace CPU
everywhere else, including in #el* clauses *and* outside of the
preprocessor, where use of CPU is reported as an error.

It is also replacing __CPU_FAMILY__, which is also undesirable.

Why is it replacing these?  AFAIK they do not need to be replaced and
should not be replaced.

Other than this issue, everything else appears to be working well.

Thanks for any/all help!

Robert Mason

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-05-29 21:23 UTC | newest]