* Exception specification differences
@ 2001-12-31 12:33 Joshua Pollak
From: Joshua Pollak @ 2001-12-31 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

It is my understanding that GCC 3.x is C99 compliant with regards to
exception specification, while GCC 2.x is not. We are writing code that
will probably need to be compiled under both libraries and, of even more
concern, have quite a bit of older code.

Is there any documentation on the exception specification differences
between the GCC 2 and 3 series? Are there any compiler options that will
force GCC 3.x to handle itself similarly to 2.x in this regard?

I noticed for example that when I created a class to inherit from
std::exception, it compiled without a problem under GCC 2.95 when the class
was defined without a destructor, but under GCC 3.02, it complained about
loosening the exception specifications of std::~exception throw (). Is
there a way to disable this error or convert it to a warning?

thank you,

-Josh

--
Joshua Pollak       (617) 491-3474 x586
Software Engineer         joshp@cra.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-31 15:00 UTC | newest]