* Help! Where I can get a binary version of gcc for linux (Red Hat)
@ 2001-12-31  5:20 Vernon Wu
From: Vernon Wu @ 2001-12-31  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am in trouble right now. I tried to update the gcc on one Red Hat Linux box. After
downloaded the newest release, I didn't recognize it is a set of source files, but not a
binary file; I uninstalled the exsiting gcc installation. It requests either gcc or cc on the
path to build gcc. There is not cc in the box, but c++. Can anyone tell me where I can
download the binary version of gcc.

Thanks in advance.

v.

* Re: Help! Where I can get a binary version of gcc for linux (Red Hat)
@ 2001-12-31  6:45 ` Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci @ 2001-12-31  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vernonw, gcc-help

At 21.06 29/12/2001 (GMT -0800), Vernon Wu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am in trouble right now. I tried to update the gcc on one Red Hat Linux
>box. After
>downloaded the newest release, I didn't recognize it is a set of source
>files, but not a
>binary file; I uninstalled the exsiting gcc installation. It requests
>either gcc or cc on the
>path to build gcc. There is not cc in the box, but c++. Can anyone tell me
>where I can
>download the binary version of gcc.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>v.

You can get RPMs from http://rpmfind.net and mirrors. Search for gcc (for
gcc 2.96) and gcc3 (for gcc 3.0.1).
You'll need quite some packages, have a look at the dependacies in the
description of each one (or try to install, and see what is says it needs).

Happy New Year !

HTH
fwyzard