* -fsjlj-exceptions Compiler switch
@ 2002-01-02  8:56 Joshua Pollak
From: Joshua Pollak @ 2002-01-02  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I have found that using the -fsjlj-exceptions switch in GCC 2.95 fixes the
exception issues I mentioned previously. (Not being able to pass exceptions
through a library and back to the calling application).

I understand that GCC3 does not use the set-jump/long-jump exception
system, and uses a more efficent method that should work just as well. Does
anyone have any idea why one exception system might work while the other
doesn't?

Basically, if I don't include -fsjlj-exceptions and compile with either
2.95 or 3.0.2, whenever I throw an exception, the application stops and I
get the error message, 'Aborted.' If I compile with -fsjlj-exceptions (in
2.95 only) the application works.

-Josh

--
Joshua Pollak       (617) 491-3474 x586
Software Engineer         joshp@cra.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-01-02 16:56 UTC | newest]