* Re: WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
       [not found] <1095661597.26784.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2004-09-20  7:37 ` zhiguo ge
From: zhiguo ge @ 2004-09-20  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I want to do basic block and procedure reordering to impove the code
performance.

But It seems quite difficult to implement it.

 Is there any tools for converting binary code to control flow graph
or intermediate code by which I can reorder the blocks and
reconverting them to binary code?

Or can I manipulate the instructions in gcc directly? The gcc seems
quite complicated.

Best regards,

zhiguo

* RE: WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
       [not found] <1184073227.29349.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2007-07-10 13:19 ` Arora Yogesh-a22623
From: Arora Yogesh-a22623 @ 2007-07-10 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi every one

I am facing a problem related to debug
I have a large set of code, which I build using makefile
When I debug the code (built with -g option ) , the symbols are linked
to wrong files. For example if a symbol ABC::ABC() is in ABC.cpp , At
the time of debugging it show ABC::ABC() in XYZ.cpp.

Due to this I am not able to debug properly

Can any one give me some pointers what could be the reason for this ,

Thanks
Yogesh

"In order to understand recursion....you must first understand
recursion."

* Re: WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2006-01-27 13:43 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2006-01-27 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Barat; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 27, 2006, "Vincent Barat" <vbarat@nexwave-solutions.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a project for which a MN103 compiler is needed. We
> currently use Matsushita's standard compiler, which in turn is gcc 3.2.2
> patched and corrected by RedHat. This one works well, but the
> corrections seem to have never been released to the open source
> community.

I very much doubt it, but if you have any suggestion as to which fixes
failed to make it, please let me know and I'll be happy to have a
look.  It's more likely that, if you're playing with newer toolchains
targeted at mn10300-elf or am33_2.0-linux-gnu and they don't quite
work, they're just suffering from bit rot.  I know I've neglected
their maintenance for quite a while, but I'm afraid I didn't have much
of a choice.

> Also, I think RedHat should have contributed back to the open source
> community by giving their corrections and patches to the FSF. Am I right
> ?

Yes, and we did that, to the best of my knowledge.

* RE: WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2006-01-27 10:08 Vincent Barat
From: Vincent Barat @ 2006-01-27 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I'm working on a project for which a MN103 compiler is needed. We
currently use Matsushita's standard compiler, which in turn is gcc 3.2.2
patched and corrected by RedHat. This one works well, but the
corrections seem to have never been released to the open source
community.

So, in order to get rid of this compiler (which is furthermore very
expensive) I am looking for a free GCC compiler for MN103 (i.e. one
directly provided by GNU) and I have tested GCC 3.3.2 and GCC 3.4.5 for
MN103 (cross compiler).

Unfortunately, those compilers seem not to work correctly when used with
optimization enabled (-O2). I cannot give a lot of information on this
bug, except that our test suites crash when -O2 optimizations are
activated (but not with Matsushita's GCC compiler). The bug is not so
frequent and seem to happen especially when a lot of context switches
occur (in multithreaded stress tests).

So, my question is : do you have any information about a potential bug
related to optimization in GCC's MN103 port ? Can you give me some
advice ?

@ 2003-09-14 13:55   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-09-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Williams; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sep 13, 2003, "Allen Williams" <anw@csunv.com> wrote:

> I can't find the (relatively new) static_cast, dynamic_cast, etc. in the GCC
> manual.

The GCC manual does not document the languages it compiles.  That's
something left for language standardization committees.  Only GCC
extensions or limitations are documented.  Since the Standard C++
new-style casts aren't either, they're not documented in the manual.

> Can anyone point me to documentation on how to use these?

You can get a copy of the ISO C++ Standard directly from the standards
bodies.

* RE: WELCOME to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
       [not found] <1062804110.11035.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org>
@ 2003-09-14  0:39 ` Allen Williams
From: Allen Williams @ 2003-09-14  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I can't find the (relatively new) static_cast, dynamic_cast, etc. in the GCC
manual.
Can anyone point me to documentation on how to use these?

TIA,
allen