* gcc - 64 Bit HPUX 11 ?
@ 2000-01-31 16:15 Andrew Lloyd
From: Andrew Lloyd @ 2000-01-31 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

    We currently use gcc on a number of platforms with
our most recent being a 64 bit Sparc. We recently heard
some news that gcc had begun to support a 64 bit PA8200.
After downloading your latest egcs-2.96 of 1/24/00, we
came to the conclusion the 64 bit support for the PA8200
may be available on HPIX or Linux but definitely not HPUX
11.00 .

    Any information you can give us on 64 bit PA8200
support for HPUX 11.00 would be greatly appreciated.
Information on future plans for this support or maybe some
helpful porting notes from a similar platform like HPIX?
would also help if support doesn't currently exist.

                           Thanks,
                             Andrew Lloyd
                             Enlighten Software Solutions
                             (650) 578-0700 x203

* Re: gcc - 64 Bit HPUX 11 ?
@ 2000-01-31 16:58 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-01-31 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lloyd; +Cc: gcc-help

  In message < 3896268D.FF126D80@sftw.com >you write:

  >     We currently use gcc on a number of platforms with
  > our most recent being a 64 bit Sparc. We recently heard
  > some news that gcc had begun to support a 64 bit PA8200.
  > After downloading your latest egcs-2.96 of 1/24/00, we
  > came to the conclusion the 64 bit support for the PA8200
  > may be available on HPIX or Linux but definitely not HPUX
  > 11.00 .
  >
  >     Any information you can give us on 64 bit PA8200
  > support for HPUX 11.00 would be greatly appreciated.
  > Information on future plans for this support or maybe some
  > helpful porting notes from a similar platform like HPIX?
  > would also help if support doesn't currently exist.
Cygnus has developed a PA64 GCC compiler; however, it has not
been formally accepted by HP.  It will be submitted for inclusion
into GCC once it has received formal acceptance from HP.
jeff

* gcc - 64 Bit HPUX 11 ?
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Andrew Lloyd
From: Andrew Lloyd @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)