* Any CHAR_BITS!=8 target in gcc?
@ 2021-10-01 23:41 unlvsur unlvsur
From: unlvsur unlvsur @ 2021-10-01 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I would like to test my library on CHAR_BITS!=8 targets, does GCC provide any one of them?

* Re: Any CHAR_BITS!=8 target in gcc?
@ 2021-10-02 10:47 ` David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2021-10-02 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: unlvsur unlvsur, gcc-help

On 02/10/2021 01:41, unlvsur unlvsur via Gcc-help wrote:
> I would like to test my library on CHAR_BITS!=8 targets, does GCC provide any one of them?

I am reasonably sure that there are no such targets in mainline gcc.
But it's possible that there have been out-of-tree ports to such targets.

For the most part, CHAR_BITS != 8 machines are either dinosaurs (for
which you might find simulators on the net), or DSPs.  Free or trial
versions of some DSP tools from Texas Instruments or Analog Design might
be of interest.

<https://www.ti.com/design-resources/embedded-development/ccs-development-tools.html>

<https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/evaluation-hardware-and-software/software.html>