* Inheriting public member functions broken in gcc 3.3.2?
@ 2004-03-12 11:03 Adrian Bentley
From: Adrian Bentley @ 2004-03-12 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

So I'm working with gcc on a project and we have something like the
following:

class refcounter
{
public:
      void ref() { //adds a reference }
      void unref() { //removes a reference }
}

Then we have a derived class:

class BigClass : public OtherClass, public NonRefedClass
{ ... };

where OtherClass is derived from refcounter and something else....

Now the problem comes in when trying to return a handle<BigClass> (which is
a class that basically is like an auto referencing pointer) from a function,
and it complains that there is no ref function defined in BigClass....

Now can someone explain to me why this is broken?  It was working in gcc
3.2.3 (which is what I'm having to stay at right now).

I have other problems but this one is just completely baffling me... perhaps
I'm due to read Byarne's book again....

Adruab

* Re: Inheriting public member functions broken in gcc 3.3.2?
@ 2004-03-12 11:43 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-03-12 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Bentley, gcc-help

Hi Adrian,

Could you supply a compilable, minimal code example that demonstrates the
problem.

Thanks,
--Eljay