* about default argument in functions and constructors
@ 2004-09-04  7:28 learning c++
From: learning c++ @ 2004-09-04  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am not very clear about the default argument in functions and in
constructors? Who can explain it with the simple examples and illustrations?

* Re: about default argument in functions and constructors
@ 2004-09-04 11:01 ` Ken Foskey
From: Ken Foskey @ 2004-09-04 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: learning c++; +Cc: gcc help

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 17:28, learning c++ wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not very clear about the default argument in functions and in
> constructors? Who can explain it with the simple examples and illustrations?

Please see your standard textbooks or beginners guides.

If you provide some input on what you think it means and what ideas you
have then I am sure you will get help.  This sounds like 'Do my homework
for me'.

--
Thanks
KenF

* Re: about default argument in functions and constructors
@ 2004-09-07 11:26 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-09-07 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: learning c++, gcc-help

Hi,

 >I am not very clear about the default argument in functions and in
constructors? Who can explain it with the simple examples and illustrations?

Section 7.5 (p153) of Stroustrup's C++ Programming Language (3rd or special
edition).

HTH,
--Eljay