* RE: gcc flag
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D762C76@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-08-06  1:31 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-08-06  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'VallabhaN'; +Cc: gcc-help

VallabhaN wrote:

> Can somebody tell me what is the flag for gcc 3.1 for 32 bit
> compilation.

I don't think there's a consistent cross-platform flag.

> Looks like -m32 and -mlong32 are not recognised. I am using
> gcc 3.1 on Linux IA 64 m/c.

Scanning the source, ia64-hpux recognises -milp32 and -mlp64 but it
doesn't look like these are implemented for Linux - even in CVS GCC.

Either these simply haven't been implemented or someone has made the
decision that ia64-linux will not support ILP32. If you'd like to
volunteer to implement this, or would like to discuss this further,
you'd probably do better on the main gcc mailing list.

Rup.

* gcc flag
@ 2002-08-06  0:09 VallabhaN
From: VallabhaN @ 2002-08-06  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gnu.org'

Hi,

     Can somebody tell me what is the flag for gcc 3.1 for 32 bit compilation.
Looks like -m32 and -mlong32 are not recognised. I am using gcc 3.1 on Linux IA
64 m/c.

 Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-Vallabha